Energy Storage Applications Analyst
Description of Role:
The Energy Storage Applications Analyst will be an integral member of Delorean’s team, performing macro analysis to identify target markets and emerging prospects for various energy storage applications, and work with our development team to evaluate use cases, construct projects models, and assist with site selection and design for specific opportunities. The Energy Storage Applications Analyst will support Delorean by:
- Reviewing tariffs and monitoring market developments;
- Identifying and collecting electricity market data;
- Developing databases for storage application analysis;
- Analyzing market data to identify opportunities;
- Working with the executive team on innovative approaches to storage development;
- Tailoring project models to use cases in different markets;
- Evaluating the capacity, location and operations for specific opportunities;
- Creating data visualization to inform stakeholders and monitor company assets;
- Providing technical assistance to the development team on projects design and operations.
The analyst may also be requested to assist with general administrative and management support functions to improve operations at Delorean Power. The ideal candidates for this position will have a strong quantitative mind and/or engineering experience.
- A degree in electrical engineering, math, statistics, data science or related field from an accredited university;
- Experience with data management, analytics and coding (SQL, R, Python);
- Experience with GIS (QGIS or ArcGIS);
- Experience with data visualization (Power BI, Tableau, etc);
- Knowledge and experience in the US energy industry;
- General understanding of energy storage services and applications.
Washington DC metropolitan area.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary commensurate with experience;
- Generous cash bonuses and additional upside/incentives for successful project execution;
- Competitive benefits package including 401k, health, dental, paid vacation, etc.