PROGRAM: Freedom House, Downtown Campus STATUS: F-T, Salaried
POSITION: Clinical Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Women’s and IOP Services
The position requires at minimum a Master’s degree in Social Work with a preference given to an LCSW, LPC, and/or CADC with an addiction focus and must have at least two years working with persons that are affected by mental illness and coexisting alcohol/drug disorders and be willing to obtain CADC within two years if not already certified.
The position requires a proven ability in communications, social casework, and personal budgeting. Responsible for the overall Clinical services to men/women with both mental illness and addictions. It requires a reasonable combination of the following knowledge and skills; Work with Mental Illness and addiction, use of cognitive behavioral therapies and twelve step facilitation skills, use of community resources and ability to serve as an appropriate role model. Compassion towards people living with mental illness, substance abuse disorders, and HIV/AIDS and ability to convey respect to the target populations are critical. Must learn and apply agency, personnel and program policies and procedures. Must have knowledge and understanding of the current treatment modalities and the ability to train and supervise other CADCs and Social Work Interns.
1. Satisfactory criminal records check.
2. Satisfactory sex crimes records check.
3. Driver’s license preferred.
1. Manage caseload and client needs
2. Work effectively with referral sources.
3. Document services through current, complete records.
4. Counseling on personal, family financial, employment, behavioral, crisis and substance abuse matters.
5. Advise other staff on treatment matters and coordinate team treatment as appropriate.
6. Discuss and review client progress
7. Participate in regular client review.
8. Maintain a current CPR and First Aid certificate.
9. Participate in weekly clinical supervision.
10. Conduct group and individual sessions daily.
11. Maintain billing requirements.
12. Performance quality improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision & PQI committee.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
1. To model agency core values of integrity, compassion, diversity, commitment & justice to all internal and external contacts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.