Quantitative Developer (Python)
Virtu is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Quantitative Developer to join our Financial Engineering team in Boston.
The successful candidate joins a strong team that conducts trading-related research and development by applying principles of scientific computing, numerical optimization as well as analytical and programming skills to create functional products that improve decision-making for equity, fixed income, and other asset classes. The emphasis of this position is on the development, deployment and support of our mathematical/statistical models for pre- and post-trade decision support for fixed income securities and making them available for trading applications.
Investors around the world have better trading performance because of the work we do every day. From traders to technologists and everyone in between, Virtuans are passionate about innovating, solving problems and making an impact to the bottom line. Our teams set the bar high and strive to consistently provide best-in-class service to institutional investors around the world.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Develop re-usable common framework components that expose features of our analytics/model to internal and external clients, including integration of our new models into client facing platforms
- Leverage scientific computing skills to develop effective trading applications
- Perform analysis, acquisition, cleaning and storing of fixed income data in KDB
- Effectively document use cases, requirements and architectural specifications related to the models and applications
- Maintain and support existing research tools, infrastructure and products
- Leverage information design concepts and principles to create compelling and effective charts, tables, presentations and other visuals that convey analytical results clearly and effectively
WHAT YOU BRING WITH YOU:
- PhD or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. computer science, operations research, engineering, applied mathematics, physics, computational finance)
- Experience with scalable software, process development, and deployment
- Interest in developing business applications of our models/analytics
- Strong programming skills in Python and, ideally, C++
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with others and multi-office/region teams
- In-depth knowledge of algorithms and data structures and object-oriented analysis and design
- Familiarity with applied statistics and/or ML techniques
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environment and tools
- Familiarity with KDB/q and relational database systems is preferred
YOU’RE JUST RIGHT FOR IT IF YOU WANT:
- A smaller collegiate team environment
- A great place for upward and geographic mobility
- Direct exposure to the decision makers and senior leaders on all sides of the business
- To be on the cutting edge of innovation in financial products
- To collaborate with teams that are passionate about continually learning, improving and raising the bar
- A community that values hard work as well as work-life balance
- A company that is committed to giving back to surrounding communities, from LA to Hong Kong and Sydney and the 11 locations in between
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.