Business Development Intern
PeaceTech Lab works for individuals and communities affected by conflict, using technology, media, and data to accelerate local peacebuilding efforts.
PeaceTech Lab is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization affiliated with the U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP) in Washington, DC. PeaceTech Lab works with activists and partner organizations to accelerate and scale peacebuilding efforts through the use of technology, media, and data. From helping activists in India develop apps to combat gender violence, to organizing a radio drama program in South Sudan that counters hate speech, and using data analytics to assess COVID-19-related violence, PeaceTech Lab strives to reduce violent conflict and build peaceful communities in the U.S. and around the world.
Business Development Internship
The Business Development Intern will directly support PeaceTech Lab’s director of Business Development to help forge new corporate and strategic partnerships, drive revenue growth, and expand PeaceTech Lab’s fundraising initiatives.
Details: This internship will begin in June 2022 and will continue through August 2022 with the possibility of extension into the Fall contingent upon performance and organizational needs. This is a remote position requiring a commitment of approximately 15-20hrs per week. This position will be paid at $15/hr.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Business Development Intern will:
- Provide direct support to the director of Business Development.
- Conduct research on prospective corporate and HNWI partners for involvement in PeaceTech Lab programs.
- Draft correspondences and informational materials to distribute to potential corporate partners and support communications and outreach to such partners.
- Research and identify opportunities for sponsorships, partnerships, and corporate engagement in cities where PeaceTech Lab hosts its Road to Equal Justice workshops.
- Aid in the development, nurturing, and expansion of PeaceTech Lab’s corporate relationships.
- Provide support to PeaceTech Lab’s ongoing corporate engagement efforts associated with ‘Generation PeaceTech’ and the PeaceTech Startup Accelerator, as needed.
- Bring in new ideas to engage corporations in the PeaceTech movement and brainstorm innovative strategies to expand revenue growth.
- Conduct research on the intersection of corporations with peacebuilding, with a specific emphasis on aligning PeaceTech Lab’s work with ESG and CSR metrics.
- Liaise with the Development and Communications Departments to ensure alignment among PeaceTech Lab’s various fundraising initiatives.
- Keep tabs on the tech industry to identify opportunities for engagement and update staff on the latest tech trends.
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student studying business, finance, operational management, marketing, or studying international affairs or political science with specific skills in business development.
- Have prior experience in business development or nonprofit management.
- Have outstanding writing and communications skills and be able to independently manage professional outreach, correspondences, and relationships.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and other business management platforms.
- Be an innovative go-getter willing to bring in new ideas, identify potential partnerships, and find innovative ways to work with the corporate world.
- Have a firm understanding of the corporate world, with an emphasis on (or willingness to learn about) corporate philanthropy/giving initiatives and corporate ESG/CSR initiatives.
- Have a passion for peacebuilding, social justice, and the Lab’s mission!
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line First Name_Last Name_Business Development Intern Application. The final deadline to submit an application is 11:59pm EST on Saturday, May 14 but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will directly reach out to successful candidates.