Business/Supply Chain Internship(Hiring for January 2023)
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking several business/supply chain students for paid extended internships for our Monroeville, PA location just a few miles from Pittsburgh, PA.
These opportunities will begin January 2023 with students working part- to full-time (24 to 40 hours/week, based on class schedules). Students will then transition to a full-time schedule (40 hours/week) in the Summer of 2023. If students have not yet graduated by August 2023, there is the potential for additional full- or part-time rotations based on BPMI business needs and the student's class schedules. Extended internships normally result in offers for full-time positions at BPMI.
If you are a current college Sophomore or Junior majoring in business, our internship program will give you the opportunity to work in your field of study while simultaneously pursuing your bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university. These opportunities can enhance your academic training while teaching critical business skills and allowing you to learn about BPMI, the Navy, and the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP).
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is a project engineering organization supporting the NNPP. BPMI provides design, manufacturing, and supply chain management of the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of nuclear power plant components installed in submarines and aircraft carriers. In addition, BPMI provides upgraded replacement components in support of refueling and overhaul activities, and aids in the ultimate storage and disposition of spent naval fuel. BPMI also delivers information technology and operational solutions to the Nuclear Navy, enabling them to fulfill their critical mission.
What You Can Expect:
Hybrid Work Environment - You will primarily perform your work at BPMI's Monroeville, PA office, with the ability to telework on an as-needed basis, depending on personal and business needs.
Close Mentoring - You will be assigned a unique sponsor for the duration of your BPMI experience. As an experienced professional in your field, your sponsor will provide guidance as you perform day-to-day efforts, while adding a more in-depth perspective of how the various assignments fit into the overall business. Along with your manager, a sponsor also provides general support and training on BPMI’s business and operations.
Training - You will be provided with learning opportunities across various procurement functions such as procurement planning, budgeting, negotiating, developing and maintaining strong supplier relationships, and contract management.
Shipyard Tour - Our Interns and co-ops visit Newport News Shipbuilding in Virginia for a one-day shipyard tour over the Summer session. This unique and exciting opportunity allows you to see and potentially tour aircraft carriers, submarines, servicing facilities, and other areas of interest. You will gain a better appreciation of the important work BPMI does, and the key role the Navy plays in protecting the interests of the United States of America.
- Issue requests for proposal, analyze supplier proposals, and prepare formal business case justifications recommending contract placement.
- Team with engineering personnel to perform program management and contract administration for components and equipment.
- Develop and recommend acquisition strategies including source selection, performance milestones, determining contract type, and establishing negotiation objectives.
- Monitor supplier compliance with delivery schedules, payment provisions, and contract requirements.
- Additional tasks may encompass procurement planning and scheduling, budgeting and funding determination, supplier compliance and risk management, and communications with stakeholders, including engineering, suppliers, logistics, and financial organizations
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Interdisciplinary Studies, Operations Management, Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of four full semesters completed prior to your internship or co-op (~60 credits)
- Demonstrated oral and writing skills preferred
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for interns and co-ops
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements
- In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance
BPMI's interns and co-ops are eligible for the following benefits:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Paid medical time off
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Flexible start and end times each day
- On-site fitness center
In accordance with BPMI’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, BPMI may adopt mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols including a mask mandate and social distancing. Please speak with your BPMI Talent Acquisition Professional during the application/interview process if you have any questions regarding any potential COVID requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.