Technical Intern 3 - Hardware Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a motivated and challenge seeking individual to support the service and support of network systems and infrastructure components. The ideal candidate will work closely with several program stakeholders to support current hardware, perform system maintenance, and conduct market research to inform procurement activities.
- Provide service and support of network and systems infrastructure components.
- Assist with management and maintenance of local/wide area networking.
- Test and evaluate various operating systems (Linux, Windows, and virtualized).
- Conduct research on next generation hardware from major manufacturers (i.e. Dell, HP).
Our Intern Program offers current college students hands-on experience and development opportunities in technology, engineering, intelligence, and business.
In addition to on-the-job training, the Internship Program offers:
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunity for Future Employment
- Challenging and Meaningful Work
- Networking and Development Opportunities
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Educational background in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Computer Science (CS)
- Driven, growth-oriented mindset
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to support and interact with several project stakeholders
- Eligible for government clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with designing, configuring, assembling, and troubleshooting network and computer systems.
- Basic understanding of computer security issues and vulnerabilities
- Basic knowledge of AC power configurations (including wiring and 3 phase power).
- Experience with high performance PCs and workstation hardware, in particular CPU, GPU, and chipset development.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware issues across the board, to include firmware issues.
- Ability to achieve CompTIA+, Security+, and CCNA/CCNP certifications.
- Develop understanding of network security and transport, in particular VPN and IPsec
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.