Risk Analyst Intern
Messer Construction Co. is a regional construction manager, general contractor and design-builder with an 80 year track record of proven success. Messer Construction is an employee owned company with offices in ten locations: Charlotte & Raleigh, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. We believe in growth-from-within, and invest in career planning & development to lead construction innovation within the industry.
Messer is seeking a Risk Analyst Co-op/Intern for our corporate office for the summer.
Assess existing and new subcontractors’ financial, operational, and safety risks utilizing Messer’s prequalification software and processes. Assist in coordination of the prequalification process for project teams. Ensure subcontractor risk mitigation strategies comply with Messer’s policies and practices, reflect prequalification and negotiated requirements are completed timely and properly executed. Gain understanding of risks associated with the subcontracting process.
Key job functions include but are not limited to:
- Analyze/evaluate subcontractor qualification submissions to identify basic level risks.
- Provide support to project teams during the prequalification process.
- Gain understanding of and apply risk management strategies.
- Assist with improving the overall prequalification analysis process and evaluating the financial rating model.
- Assist with building reports for Regional Leaders and Executives the current state of Messer’s portfolio of subcontractors.
- Monitor subcontractor prequalification expirations and renewals. Processes requests for updated information in a timely fashion.
- Assist risk analyst with reporting claims to the carrier.
- Assist in claims file documentation.
- Provide support for RMIS System data entry.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Possess an understanding of accounting/finance principles and financial statements.
- Working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or Economics.
- Efficient software skills including PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn construction processes and terminology.
- Strong communication and people skills
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.