Assistant Community Manager
Nexus is the first social impact co-working space and Impact Center in the state of Indiana. We launched in January 2020 with a mission to unite, inspire, and resource people to cultivate impact-driven business models. We do this by bringing together like-minded people from both nonprofit and for-profit businesses that are interested in embedding both social impact and sustainable revenue streams into their business models. We provide economical space to work and meet, along with connections and resources to help organizations grow their social impact.
The Assistant Community Manager is a role designed for an up-and-coming leader with a heart for social impact and making a difference in the world. Nexus is a 501(c)3 Social Enterprise.
To be considered for the role, you must demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Teachable with a willingness to seek feedback, learn and grow your skills in a business environment.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected circumstances with grace.
- Aptitude for asking questions and using logic to solve problems.
- Comfortable engaging in conversations and fostering connections with business leaders.
- Great at solving problems and collaborating with others to find solutions.
- Lead by example to foster a positive environment for teamwork, collaboration and learning.
- Help coordinating details for Nexus hosted events, as well as events by partner organizations. This includes room set-up, tech set-up/assistance, hosting guests and room clean-up.
- Provide support to Nexus staff in ensuring the space is running well which may include administrative work like updating website images as well as facilities work like straightening spaces and helping with member socials.
- Help administer/maintain the member portal to provide a positive user experience with guests and the public.
- Leverage social media, website and digital platforms to further advance the mission and programs of Nexus.