Water Engineer/Hydraulic Modeler
Arcadis is seeking a Water Engineer / Hydraulic Modeler, to join our world-class firm in Columbus, OH. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and independent professional to join our team locally with support from one of the best qualified consulting firms in the country. In this position you will utilize your professional experience and technical knowledge of water distribution, wastewater collection and stormwater systems modeling, design and construction, to assist the project teams they support in executing projects and developing project pursuits within the local and regional municipal market of this office, to help build and grow our practice.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs engineering activities for water distribution, wastewater collection system and stormwater modeling, evaluations, investigations, planning, feasibility studies, design and construction.
- Exercises independent judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Work may also include a variety of other w/ww infrastructure, including water and wastewater treatment and water / wastewater facilities design, utilities assessments and design.
- Produces and reviews technical reports, construction documents, specifications and creates bid packages and cost estimates for projects.
- Assists others with defining scope of work and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a strong understanding of business line and industry requirements.
- Ensures project compliance with all Arcadis’ practices and quality and safety standards.
- Facilitates coordination for timely completion and submission of project deliverables.
- Regular participation with industry Association’s; attending workshops, making presentations and reviewing professional publications.
Desired Skills/ Attributes
- Hydraulic modeling & engineering experience for evaluations, investigations, planning, feasibility studies and modeling (SWMM & C++ experience preferred) of water distribution, wastewater collection and stormwater systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; public speaking/presenting, effective communication with team members, clients and other stakeholders
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills
- Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations
- Experience with HEC-RAS Modeling, HSMs Modeling, Groundwater Unsaturated Zone modeling, CFD Modeling, Sediment Transport
Qualifications & Experience:
- MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering+ 1 yr experience
- MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Engineer in Training Certification (EIT) or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Previous internship experience with an engineering consulting firm, municipality or other closely related work
- HEC-RAS Modeling
- HSMs Modeling
- Groundwater Unsaturated Zone modeling
- CFD Modeling
- Sediment Transport