IT Support Specialist
Techline, Inc. is seeking an IT Support Specialist to work in the Austin, Texas branch. The primary purpose of this role is to provide responses to support tickets to ensure end-user satisfaction. This role will be responsible for the efficient movement of support tickets through the system and towards resolution. They must ensure timely and accurate responses to issues that are reported to them.
The essential function of this position is to provide responses to support tickets as they come in.
- Assist in providing initial responses on new support tickets that satisfy end-user expectations
- Verify accurate ticket information on new support tickets
- Follow documented instructions for various situations, including but not limited to download requests, license requests, and feature requests
- Move tickets toward efficient resolution by reviewing available materials, including but not limited to:
- Support tickets
- Product help/documentation
- Knowledgebase articles
- Support guides
- Assigning tickets to other technicians, depending on expertise and availability
- Assist with IT duties as needed, including desktop deployment, telecommunications equipment requests, and telecommunications trouble tracking and resolution
The Ideal Applicant Will:
- Possess a working knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Understand use of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration.
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Interact comfortably with end-users both virtually and on-site.
- Exhibit strong customer service skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Show a high degree of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative to take on new projects and learn new skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree and a minimum of three years related work experience required
- Five or more years of relevant work experience preferred
- Certifications (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, etc.) preferred
- Exchange, Azure, and Office 365
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Employer-paid medical/dental/life/disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Generous paid leaves
- And more!
This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.
Techline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.