Staff Geo-Structural Engineer - Boise ID, Redmond WA, Framingham MA
Staff Geo-Structural Engineer – Boise, ID, Redmond, WA, Framingham, MA (Regular Full-Time)
As a Staff Geo-Structural Engineer, you will be supporting our Construction Design Group to provide engineering solutions for temporary construction support structures for projects across the nation, including temporary trestles, cofferdams and excavation support systems. Your responsibilities will include geotechnical and structural analyses, engineering calculation package preparation, design drawing development, and numerical modeling. A significant portion of your time will be spent working alongside our engineering teams, allowing you to develop a broad understanding of geo-structural design and constructability. You will also be involved in report writing and proposal activities and will have opportunities to spend time on project sites, observing construction and installing instrumentation. This position may also provide support to our teams in other locations as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with observation of field explorations and construction projects, ensuring that work performed is consistent with project plans and specifications as well as in accordance with safety guidelines. Independently produces detailed, accurate field reports and submittals including cover letters, calculations, and construction drawings and designs.
- Assists with gathering appropriate field data and field samples for related projects. Coordinates samples for testing if necessary.
- Assists with the completion of permit applications, site characterization, field surveys and delineations according to appropriate federal and state guidelines.
- Completes basic geotechnical/structural engineering analyses and calculations.
- Assists with preparation of deliverables such as memos and reports and provide occasional quality assurance/control support. Ensures that deliverables are submitted to the project manager in a timely manner and are completed as estimated.
- Assists with producing typical geo-structural designs such as temporary excavation support, retaining wall, soil nail wall, slope stability, shallow and deep foundation, construction dewatering, work trestle, temporary shoring, etc.
- Assists project team members in making basic design decisions from detailed criteria provided by the senior engineer or project manager.
- BS in Civil Engineering required; MS in Geotechnical or Structural Engineering preferred
- Advanced understanding of CAD software package AutoCAD/Civil3D
- Advanced understanding of numerical analysis for design of geo-structural structures preferred
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification
- Ability to successfully work within a team
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license is required
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. They are more innovative and creative, more productive, and better able to serve our clients and communities. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey. We are committed to doing the work, learning, and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.