Staff Geotechnical Engineer – Spokane, WA
As a Staff Geotechnical Engineer, you will be responsible for several field aspects of our geotechnical services, including field exploration and observation of earthwork and foundation construction. You can expect to spend a significant portion of your time in the field on projects, both big and small, allowing you to develop a broad understanding of soil conditions and construction related geotechnical engineering issues. You’ll also be involved in report preparation and performing geotechnical analysis, such as slope stability, bearing capacity, settlement, deep foundation design, and seismic evaluation. This position may also provide support to our geotechnical teams in other locations as needed.
- BS degree in Civil or Geological Engineering required; MS in Geotechnical or related field strongly preferred.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification preferred.
- Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and successfully work within a team.
- Proven problem solving, and professional-level verbal and written communication skills are a must!
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be willing to travel domestically as needed.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. They are more innovative and creative, more productive, and better able to serve our clients and communities. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey. We are committed to doing the work, learning, and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
To apply for this position and learn more about life at GeoEngineers, visit our website at www.geoengineers.com.