Controller Services Clerk
Williams‐Keepers LLC (WK) seeks qualified individuals for a Controller Services Clerk position in its Columbia office. This is a part‐time position that will work approximately 20 hours per week with members of the firm’s Controller Services Team in support of outsourced accounting services. Work is performed under supervision, and responsibilities may increase with demonstrated skill.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position that includes alternative work scheduling options and eligibility for the firm’s health and dental plan, 401k savings plan, paid time off and other benefits.
Controller Services Manager
Education & Experiential Requirements
Candidates might include college students who are pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in accounting or someone who has experience with day-to-day accounting activities and seeks a part-time, flexible schedule and opportunity.
An associate degree with an emphasis in business and/or accounting or related professional experience is preferred. Successful candidates will also possess a demonstrated understanding of accounting software systems, as acquired through practical experience, and the ability to create efficiencies using new technologies.
The Controller Services Clerk is responsible for successful completion of all assignments made by supervisors and might include these areas of emphasis.
- Bookkeeping and accounting functions for multiple client engagements, including accounts
- receivable, accounts payable and bank reconciliations.
- Client payroll processing.
- Direct client service-oriented projects, including frequent client contact that requires representing the firm in a professional manner.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
The Controller Services Clerk is responsible for all assignments made by Client Service Leaders, including the following tasks.
- Maintain client and firm confidentiality.
- Follow firm and professional standards related to personal conduct, personal appearance and attire.
- Exhibit effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Behave professionally and foster an environment of teamwork.
- Comply with firm practice management procedures and systems, as outlined in the firm’s Associate Handbook.
The Controller Services Clerk is expected to develop professionally by pursuing the following opportunities and others, as identified.
- In accordance with My Achievement Plan (MAP) requirements, pursue continuing applicable professional education (CPE) opportunities designed to improve understanding of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participate in firm activities related to monthly employee feedback practices and other employee development programs.
Minimal safety hazards, general office conditions.
Final candidates will undergo a drug screening, background check and credit check prior to employment.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk- ins, please.