Business Strategy Analyst (Remote)
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is a financial technology company on a mission to develop and deliver affordable, accessible financial tools and services that empower people to use money as a tool for their happiness. Members benefit from loans funded by a national network of customer-focused lending partners and designed to help them accomplish their goals.
Backed by leading investors, Happy Money has helped nearly 205,000 members since inception – working with lending partners to fund over $3.7 billion in loans*. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a passionate and purpose-driven employee base of approximately 400 people across the United States. For more information, please visit happymoney.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Happy Money is looking for entry-level/early-career, analytical talent to propagate the Happy Money Movement. This role will be responsible for utilizing quantitative research, business analytics, and data-informed decision making to influence key stakeholders in the formulation and evaluation of strategy in the exciting fintech space. Examples of potential projects include:
- New Products - build analytical frameworks to pursue new fintech opportunities
- Credit Policy - define Happy Money’s underwriting strategy to balance risk and reward
- Pricing & Portfolio - set pricing policy and develop measurement of economic returns
- Loss Forecasting - create predictive models to navigate macro-economic trends
- Fraud Strategy - set organizational approach to ID and remediate fraud transactions
- Ops Analysis - utilize analytics to increase customer contact and engagement
- Growth Marketing - leverage models and analysis to optimize marketing campaigns
- Experience: 0-2 years of prior analytical experience
- Analytics: high-caliber critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Maturity: extremely self-motivated and hard-working; thrives in ambiguity & complexity
- Teamwork: excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Intangible: insatiable curiosity and humble attitude
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Degree in quantitative field, such as math, economics, CS, engineering, physics, etc
- Track record of excellence as demonstrated by scholarships, award, or recognitions
- Demonstrated aptitude with SQL. Tableau, and scripting languages like R/Python
- Passion for business, especially fintech industry
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!