Clinical Pharmacy Specialist -Emergency Department
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within our Pharmacy team. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community
Where you fit in
As part of our pharmacy team, your inpatient functions will include participation in life saving procedures (i.e code blues, code strokes, and RSIs), management of medical staff approved protocols and guidelines (i.e ED culture call backs), patient education, and facilitation on the delivery of safe, effective medications to our emergency department patients.
Other aspects of this position include providing staff education, guideline/policy development and implementation, and participation in performance improvement initiatives. You will have opportunities to mentor and teach pharmacy students and pharmacy residents along with serving as a clinical resource for the pharmacy staff. Your expertise in your field will allow you to advance the level of patient care to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Your exceptional skills
- Your experience working in pharmacy, clinical knowledge of emergency medicine/critical care treatment modalities, and dedication to patient care are your most vital skills as a clinical pharmacy specialist.
- Your dedication to patient care and expertise in pharmacy will arm you with the skills necessary to thrive in a highly skilled unit.
- You are able to communicate collaboratively and effectively with patients, staff, physicians, and visitors.
- You are able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her area.
- You are able to function independently, analyzing complex information to formulate a plan, while continually utilizing process improvement principles.
Your exceptional qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy, Bachelor or PharmD degree
- Indiana Pharmacist license
- Successful completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency and PGY2 Emergency Medicine or Critical Care Pharmacy Residency or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with computer applications, including spreadsheet, database, and presentation software preferred
- Experience with quality improvement projects preferred
- Certification in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS)
Your life at Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration.
A representative and diverse workforce
At Community Health Network, we build teams that deliver exceptional care through empathy, communication and collaboration. Caregivers play a vital role in our mission as they fulfill our PRIIDE values: Patients First. Relationships. Integrity. Inclusion. Diversity. Excellence.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, ensuring caregivers feel welcomed, comfortable and respected in our environment at all times. We value different perspectives by actively seeking a diverse workforce that is inclusive and equitable to all.