Donor Relations Coordinator
American Museum Of Natural History
Donor Relations Coordinator
The American Museum of Natural History is seeking a creative and curious individual to fill the position of Coordinator, Donor Relations. Reporting to the Associate Director of Donor Relations, the Coordinator supports the Institutional Advancement department with the production of customized written fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship materials to convey the work of the Museum clearly and compellingly. The Coordinator is a flexible writer, able to adapt to a variety of writing styles, and can navigate complex subject matters. Working with other members of the Donor Relations team and colleagues across the Museum, the Coordinator drafts stewardship reports; acknowledgement letter templates; funding proposals; naming opportunity copy; and other materials as needed, such as donor correspondence, gift agreements, and other Institutional Advancement-related special projects.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Writes, copyedits, and proofreads principal gift, major gift, and corporate stewardship reports.
• Coordinates and performs outreach to colleagues across the Museum to inform stewardship reporting, collecting financial information and content about the Museum's education programs, scientific research, exhibitions, and visitorship.
• Prepares proposals for the principal gift, major gift, and corporate teams, coordinating with each team on content, tone, and funding opportunities.
• Writes acknowledgment letter templates for the principal gift, major gift, event, planned giving, corporate, annual fund, and membership teams.
• Writes engaging and compelling funding and naming opportunity copy; coordinates with and performs outreach to Museum colleagues to identify opportunities, confirm details, and ensure accuracy.
• Writes, copyedits, and proofreads cover letters and other development-related communications.
• Builds and maintains Museum-wide relationships to facilitate comprehensive content collection and accuracy in all writing; identifies appropriate follow-up questions.
• As needed: Provides other writing and proofreading support.
• As needed: Provides additional support to the Associate Director of Donor Relations and the Senior Director of Development and Campaign. Supports Donor Relations special projects.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-2 years of related or transferable work experience
• Superb writing, editing, and proofreading skills with the ability to describe complex scientific information in clear, compelling language and present concise rationales for philanthropy
• Ability to shift writing style to fit audience, voice, and tone
• Meticulous attention to detail and nuance
• Exceptional organizational, analytical, planning, and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize
• Fluency in Microsoft Office
• Staff periodic Institutional Advancement events in the evening or on weekends, as needed
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar database
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2969797
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world's cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.