Math Curriculum Design Intern
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking two interns to join the Product – Digital Instruction and Design team.
This is an opportunity to expand the capacity of the team during a critical state adoption process while providing a learning/mentoring experience to develop an intern‘s career skills and experience.
- Focus on assisting with the development of an innovative and creative mathematics education curriculum that aligns with state standards.
- Write and edit standards-based assessment items and age-appropriate activities/tasks.
- Write and edit clear, thoughtful lessons for a variety of subject-specific skills.
- Provide, respond to, and implement editorial feedback.
- Use style and procedure guides to ensure consistency.
- Use proprietary authoring tools for content development.
- Consistently meet assigned deadlines and quality standards.
- Demonstrate proficiency with programs, such as Microsoft Office and SharePoint, for word processing, data management, and collaboration.
What you can expect from us:
You will gain experience with everything from design to production in the curriculum development lifecycle.
If the candidate selected is a current student, the offer will be to participate in the Company's Summer Internship Program. The paid internship program is 8 weeks from June 21, 2022 – August 19, 2022. Students must be able to commit to 20 hours/week employment during the internship.
This is a PAID internship.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge & Skills: Technology savvy, clear written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, hunger to learn new skills. Understanding of mathematics, learning models (DoK, Blooms, etc. Adaptability, presentation technology knowledge, time management, capability to work under pressure, creativity, teamwork, and conflict resolution.
- Education: (Associates, Bachelors, Master) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Technical Skills: Comfortable using excel, programming experience (nice to have but not required, we will teach you!), R, Python and/or SQL. Word processing, spreadsheets, electronic presentation, web navigation, e-mail management, video conferencing.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: Driven self-starter with the ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
- Learning Orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
- Focus on Diversity: Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Sense of Humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes
- Legal right to work in the United States
Directions to Apply:
Please apply through our Career Page to be considered. Ensure that you are uploading one document that includes both your essay along with your resume. The internship committee will review all submissions and contact those whose experience is the best fit for the project. Deadline for submission is 5/7/2022. Any submissions, after the deadline, may not be considered.
The essay should be up to 500 words and answer to the following:
1 – What your career aspirations are.
2 – Why you feel that you are the right fit for this internship project?
3 – What experience you hope to gain from the project or internship.
For more information and to apply, visit our career site at www.discoveryed.com or contact us directly at email@example.com!
Who We Are:
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? We are the global leader in standards-aligned digital curriculum resources, engaging content, and professional learning for K-12 classrooms, and we partner with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to provide teachers with customized solutions that support the success of all learners. When you join the Discovery Education team, you become part of a fast-growing global organization that is empowering educators with the digital tools and professional learning they need to connect students to the real-world.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. We are an organization focused on diversity and inclusivity that provides opportunities to engage with people from variety of backgrounds. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Living Our Values:
Discovery Education is a company that lives and breathes its Values. By doing so, we position our organization to continue leading the education technology world.
INNOVATION: We drive a culture of innovation within our organization and with our partners to prepare leaders of tomorrow.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: We commit to continuous improvement by anticipating and adapting to the changing needs of our partners and the educational landscape.
EMPOWERMENT: We empower all learners by providing highly engaging, relevant experiences our partner’s trust.
INTEGRITY: We hold ourselves to the highest-standards and conduct ourselves with integrity in all that we do.
COMMUNITY: We connect and support our global community of learners.
INCLUSIVITY: We strive to build a company with people from diverse backgrounds, so we can better enable all learners to reach their highest potential regardless of race, gender, socio-economic standing, sexual orientation, language, ability, location, or technology.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.