Public Relations Intern
Position Overview and Responsibilities
- Research community events and public relations opportunities
- Develop media lists
- Track media coverage
- Support on media pitching – including writing media pitches and press releases, and outreach to reporters.
- Brainstorming PR-worthy ideas and pitch angles
- Keeping a pulse on the latest in the industry, including PR trends and what reporters are covering
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree and active enrollment in university or community college
- Must have a heart for international needs and social impact
- Must be self-reliant, self-driven, and able to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Preferred: Marketing or PR experience
About the Internship Program
Business Connect’s Headquarter Team includes interns who work in tandem with our staff to maximize the availability of products, providing communities in the developing world with greater access to essential resources while building sound business opportunities that will create more jobs and economic stability.
Through this internship, you will gain real-world experience working with our partners around the world. These are fully remote positions that will allow you to develop your skills and learn from the global team. You will have the flexibility to set your own schedule as well as contribute to projects that you are most passionate about.
Please note: Internship requires 5-15 hours per week and is unpaid. College credit may be available for this role.
Application Deadline – May 8th
Internship Start Date – May 23rd
Internship End Date – August 5th