Retail Operations Intern
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an energetic, responsible, detail-oriented, and process-driven intern to join the Johnston & Murphy Retail Operations Team. In this position, you will learn about operational and communications support for J&M stores. You will be involved in making document updates, managing projects, as well as, assisting with internal communication and knowledge-based systems. You will gain exposure to different departments within the organization as part of assigned projects.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Works alongside Training & Recruiting Manager on field recruiting needs and initiatives.
- Serves as a liaison between Field Management, Store Personnel and Corporate Partners.
- Assist Store Communications by working with business partners in creating content, in weekly field memos, monthly newsletter, and posting to internal communications portal
- Responds to inquiries, questions, and requests for support.
- Coordinates field travel and tracks field expenses.
- Create and maintain special business reports as needed.
- Assists with planning and coordinating meetings and conferences ensuring all requirements are met and within budget.
- Create surveys, distribute and present findings for various company happenings.
- Identifies opportunities to improve resources and provides draft document content for management review.
- Investigates issues and as appropriate provides feedback for review and improvement.
- Proposes modifications to existing documents, scripts, and processes to improve services provided.
- Complete tasks that assist with driving performance in the field.
- Assist Ecommerce Team with special projects as needed.
- Assist Customer Experience Team weekly on various projects.
Experience and Skills You'll Need to Have
- Undergraduate rising Junior or Senior year of bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or Marketing
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze information objectively and make a reasoned judgment based upon the evaluation of data, facts, observations and/or feedback.
- Highly organized, able to shift priorities with a sense of urgency, have excellent attention to detail
- A good listener with a strong desire to help others. Listens take notes and captures task requests and directions.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Able to prioritize and provide timely resolution to issues and requests. Efficient, and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated, takes prompt action to accomplish objectives and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
Duration of assignment is May - August and must be able to work 25 hours per week.
Please note, this is not a remote internship.