Awake Overnight Youth Counselor
The Awake Overnight Youth Counselor provides overnight support for youth ages 0-17 entering the Welcoming Center. Counselors will provide a safe and nurturing environment for youth that come into the program by assessing and meeting basic needs and intervening as necessary to assist the youth in stabilizing. Youth Counselors will also assist the Clinician with case management duties as appropriate.
The Welcoming Center is a home-like receiving center that supports children and youth as they navigate the trauma of placement disruption. Our multi-disciplinary team provide safety, care, comfort, and therapeutic supports for up to 24 hours.
The Welcoming Center serves young people in Riverside County who:
Have just been removed from their home | Are returning from elopement | Otherwise experience a loss in placement
New arrivals are met with empathetic and well-trained therapists and counselors who provide a calm, stable environment while their individualized needs are assessed and placement is secured.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Support youth during bedtime and in the morning as they get ready for school.
- Conduct all duties between the hours of 11pm and 9am
- Assist clinician in intake process and create a welcoming environment for the youth.
- Assess and meet basic needs for youth as they enter the Welcoming Center and through the duration of their stay
- Organize and engage children in fun and therapeutic activities and projects designed for a variety of age and ability levels.
- Intervene with the clients’ behavior as needed, providing stabilization services.
- Work in coordination with parents and social workers as treatment team members
- Provide supervision for calls and visits with family when necessary
- Participate in weekly supervision with the Program Supervisor
- Maintain accurate documentation and paperwork including, but not limited to, daily mental health notes, incident reports, time sheets, petty cash, and mileage
- Contribute to a positive team culture that centers values of anti-racism and anti-oppression.
- Participate in the review of policies, practices, and data through a lens of anti-racism to ensure equitable outcomes for youth and families and equitable opportunities for staff.
- Provide on-call response as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service related field required.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English highly preferred.
- Ability to work as a team player and with a diverse population.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekend days as needed.
- Valid CA driver’s license and insurable under Seneca Family of Agencies insurance policy.
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints and any other mandatory state/federal requirements.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster required.
- 11:00 pm and 9:00 am.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekend days as needed
- Starting at $19.00 per hour.
- Additional compensation provided upon passing bilingual proficiency exam.
- Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a generous salary increase each year.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- We provide a 403b retirement plan.
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.
Please apply to this position by clicking here!
Keywords: mental health counselor, mental health, nonprofit, non-profit, behavioral health, counselor, youth and families, adolescents, community worker, parents, probation youth, probation counselor, foster youth, foster youth counselor, health care worker