Sports Medicine Student Worker
Position Title: Sports Medicine Student Worker
Semester/Year: 2022-2023 Academic School Year
Supervisor: Stephanie Habecker
Pay rate: $13.20 per hour
Student workers within the Department of Sports Medicine at Hobart and William Smith Colleges serve as invaluable resources to the professional staff. Student workers function in a variety of roles within the department, ranging from Athletic Training Facility monitoring to practice preparation and game set up. Students will be provided pertinent job training; learning CPR, basic first aid, and athletic taping skills throughout their time with the department.
- Have an interest in helping others, sports, and or sports medicine.
- Be currently certified, or willing to become certified, in some form of First Aid and CPR. HWS will cover some or all of the cost for training.
- Be physically able to carry 30+ pounds over short distances.
- Be outdoors for extended periods of time depending on work shift.
- Adhere to dress code and ethics standards established by the department.
- Position may require use of motorized vehicles.
- Well-organized, dependable, punctual
- Highly reliable, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- HWS intercollegiate athletes not currently eligible for this position due to time conflicts
Review of applications will begin immediately. You may be contacted by the hiring supervisor for additional information. Interested applicants are to submit a resume, letter of interest, and an interview will be required.