We are looking for responsible, energetic individuals who are seeking flexible hours in a fun, fast paced environment. Swim Instructor requires professional and dependable individuals. If you are enthusiastic, love people and the water - this could be the perfect place for you.
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic, high quality swim instructors that will follow our progressive aquatic curriculum in a safe, enjoyable, and positive atmosphere.
· ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes, as directed by supervisor, to accomplish the CSA mission and goals.
- Ensures participant safety during program by educating about, and enforcing safety rules and maintaining class control.
- Openly communicates with participants and their parents to support them in achieving their goals; appraises students and their parents of strengths, accomplishments and areas for improvement/skill progression.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members.
- Keeps accurate class attendance and skill evaluation records.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must be at least 15 years of age and be able to swim; high school diploma and teaching experience preferred.
- American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, AED, and lifeguarding is a plus.
- Schedules are done on a monthly basis.
- Availabilities are given for each month. Instructor is responsible for turning in their availability on time in order to be put on the schedule.
- Shifts are 3-4 hours long.
- Shifts range from 4pm-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday Mornings 8:30am-12:30pm
- Shifts are scheduled at both Carmel High School (520 East Main Street, Carmel IN) and Prime Life Enrichment Center (1078 3rd Ave SW, Carmel IN)
· POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- Year Round
- Seasonal (school year or summer)
· PAY RANGE
- $11-$18 per hour
- Pay is determined by experience and type of shift.