Summary: The Office of International Affairs’ (OIA) Communications Team is seeking a part-time Media Assistant to visually support OIA’s mission and tell our story through videography and photography. The Media Assistant will be a key member of our team, leading photoshoots and contributing photography for print and digital media, as well as directing and editing video shoots for our YouTube and social media channels.
· Brainstorm, develop, and execute video storytelling initiatives for all units of OIA
Organize, film, and edit video of events; student, staff, and faculty interviews; and other projects that capture campus diversity, student engagement, and university activities
· Create and post social media-optimized videos (particularly Reels on Instagram) promoting events and initiatives of OIA
· Maintain and organize OIA’s video assets library
· Manage all facets of photoshoots for OIA, including with international students and campus partners
· Take event photography of on-campus international programming, as well as occasional off-campus events
· Maintain and organize OIA’s photography assets library
· Experience with visual communications design using Adobe Creative Suite (Creative Suite provided)
· Prior video production experience (Recording video and audio, editing, post-production)
· Photography skills (A camera can be provided, but applicants may use their own equipment)
· Familiarity with social media (YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and management platforms such as Hootsuite, Later.com, etc.
Location: Flexible between remote and on-campus working arrangements available, with on-campus being required for photo and video shooting assignments
Employment details: Up to 29 hours/week at $16/hour, beginning mid- to late-May 2022. Please note that this position may occasionally require work outside of OIA’s 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday business hours.
To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume, and online portfolio that includes 3-5 submissions showcasing your videography and photography skills. Applications that do not include a portfolio will not be considered.
About the Office of International Affairs
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) is a comprehensive office of international education and program development that stimulates, coordinates, and serves as a focus for international activities on the IUPUI campus. We work with people and organizations on campus, in Indianapolis, and throughout the world to:
· Develop IUPUI students into global citizens
· Facilitate international engagement and partnerships
· Recruit and enroll international students
· Provide transition support, expert advising, and visa services for international students and scholars
· Oversee IUPUI’s study abroad activities
· Support international teaching and learning, such as through the use of the Global Crossroads videoconferencing lab
· Increase cross-cultural understanding through events and programs, including International Festival and International House
What the student will learn in this position:
· Students will learn core communication skills, including how to communicate professionally and how to alter their approach and style depending on the audience.
· Students will gain knowledge of event planning and the process of implementing a new storytelling initiative from beginning to end.
· Students will learn how to stay organized and manage their time effectively by balancing various administrative tasks in a dynamic office setting.
· Students will develop best practices for recording, updating, and organizing information for the use of others within the office.
· Students will gain knowledge about other cultures through interacting with members of the IUPUI and Indianapolis community.