Trading, Marketing, Logistics and Analytics Co-op / Internship, Dublin, Ohio (August 2022)
Start Date: August 2022
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Length of Term: 4 months
About this Opportunity
Cenovus is looking for students who are seeking an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a refining environment. We are looking for individuals who can bring fresh ideas to the table, and who are willing to learn from some of the industry's most innovative and talented people.
Cenovus Energy is a company with a big purpose – to energize the world and make people’s lives better. We do this by focusing on sustainably developing our assets in a safe, innovative, and cost-efficient manner and executing to top-tier safety performance and environmental, social and governance leadership in all that we do.
We operate in Canada, the United States, and the Asia Pacific region. Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, thermal and conventional crude oil and natural gas projects across Western Canada, crude oil production offshore Newfoundland and Labrador and natural gas and liquids production offshore China and Indonesia. Cenovus’s downstream operations include upgrading, refining, and marketing operations in Canada and the United States.
For more information, visit cenovus.com.
Why we work at Cenovus
- Innovation is key. As a leading energy company, we are always looking for ways to reduce our environmental impact.
- A wide range of opportunities to gain experience – no matter the field.
- Gain insight into our New Grad Program as an opportunity to kick-start your professional career with Cenovus post-graduation
- Safety as a core value
- Competitive compensation
- Community Investment activities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Inclusive work environment
- Company/team building events
Are you looking for an exciting Co-op opportunity full of meaningful, diverse, and challenging assignments working alongside industry leading professionals? You’ll be part of a driven, and collaborative team completing important projects while receiving the mentorship, knowledge, and experience to develop the skills you need to build an exciting career.
- Providing analytical support for the team’s economics, pricing, and forecasting functions
- Improving the effectiveness of our performance reporting for sales, trading, and scheduling teams
- Supporting daily management of all HMSC logistical functions including fleet planning, product scheduling, & inventory management
- Analyzing monthly product sales requirements and assisting in the development of schedules for the movement of those refined products through pipeline, rail, and truck
- Providing back-up to pipeline, terminal, truck, and rail schedulers
- Conducting market studies
- Developing standard reports and responding to data requests
- Supporting program development and delivery with analytics and reporting
- Tracking variables and quantifying impacts of operational and pricing nuances
- Providing statistical analyses and information regarding business activities
- Preparing and presenting an industry project to a variety of key stakeholders, including HMSC leadership
- Demonstrates competency in driving for results, communicating effectively, and working collaboratively
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required
- Working knowledge of Spotfire, SharePoint, databases, and information systems is preferred
- Working knowledge of VBA, SQL is an asset
- Working knowledge of statistics is an asset
- Required to pass the Cenovus pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time indefinite basis without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or related discipline
- Strong academic performance (Minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Preference will be given to students in 3rd or 4th year
- Attach copies of transcripts
Please submit a resume and transcript in one (1) PDF document.
NOTE: Applications without a recent transcript will not be considered.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
- Additional Information
- New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities
- Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Candidates must have their own means of transportation as there is no public transportation
At Cenovus we embrace diversity of thought, experience, and backgrounds to help us make better business decisions, address our challenges, seize opportunities, and unlock innovative solutions. We define diversity as the variety of people, including all the unique attributes of our staff, as well as the variety of ideas within our organization. Building an inclusive workplace by drawing on the skills and talents of a diverse workforce provides Cenovus with a competitive advantage. We believe it’s important to maximize the potential of everyone who works for our company and ensure people feel respected, appreciated, and heard. We define inclusion as ‘diversity in action,’ creating an environment of involvement, respect, and connection, where various ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed to create business value.
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Cenovus employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Cenovus.
Cenovus Energy is an affirmative action employer, and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, or other personal or physical characteristics protected by law.