Project Engineer- Electrical
Our Building Services Business Line is hiring 2 Project Electrical Engineers to join our Westfield and Westwood MA offices. The Project Electrical Engineer collaborates with mechanical and structural engineering professionals and serves as an integral part of the project teams delivering engineering solutions to our clients throughout the Northeast.
Tighe & Bond prioritizes the well-being of our employees through safety, health, and unmatched benefits programs. Our friendly and inclusive culture encourages collaboration with experienced professionals across disciplines to help develop rewarding careers for all. We focus on bright ideas, green strategies, and clear solutions to improve our environment and infrastructure for both public and private clients and as we succeed, we also give back through our award-winning Make a Difference community service program.
- 5-10 years of experience in Electrical Engineering and should include:
- Low voltage power distribution system design
- Lighting and control systems, fire alarm systems and security systems design
- Proficiency in in both Revit and AutoCAD is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code
- Must have technical depth and diversity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multitasking environment, love challenges and details, be resourceful, and have great organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work as a collaborative member of a team will be viewed as beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Design and develop electrical design concepts and cost estimates and implement concepts into finished working designs.
- Work from specification requirements, design concepts and inputs from customer and other engineers involving multidisciplinary activities for a variety of institutional, K-12 education, higher education, healthcare, industrial, municipal, water, and wastewater treatment projects.
- Performing load calculations for electric services, generators and short circuit current, circuiting from distribution and branch power panels and the ability to complete panel schedules, mechanical equipment schedules and lighting fixture schedules.
- Coordination with other trades such as HVAC, Plumbing/Fire Protection, Structural, Architecture, Civil/Site and Process
- Performing electrical system design for schematic phase, design development and construction document phases
- Developing technical specifications and bid documents
- Conducting condition assessments of existing facilities and periodic onsite construction observation of electrical components of projects
- Provide technical supervision and training/mentoring to junior level staff
- Assist in in the preparation of planning documents and understand customer requirements and expectations
Our best-in-class compensation and benefits package includes competitive salaries, profit sharing, an employee wellness program, a generous health care plan, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, ESOP, 401(k) plan, PTO, internal training and professional development, and a tuition reimbursement program.
Tighe & Bond is a growing, well-established, employee-owned, engineering, and environmental consulting firm with over 430 employees. A Top 10 New England ENR design firm, Tighe & Bond was recognized by Civil Engineering News and Zweig Group as one of the “Best Firms” to work for in the country. Our team of engineers, scientists, planners, and other professionals provide creative solutions for critical challenges that impact water resources, wetlands, the environment, climate change, and sustainability from nine offices across Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and New York. The firm offers employees an inviting mid-size company culture and an opportunity to develop a rewarding career that can have an impact on the environmental development of the Northeast region.
Tighe & Bond is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.