Structural Project Engineer
The Structural Project Engineer will join one of our Massachusetts or Connecticut offices on a hybrid basis. The Structural Project Engineer will work on multidisciplinary projects and will serve as an integral part of our structural team delivering engineering solutions to our private and municipal clients.
At Tighe & Bond, we pride ourselves in fostering a continuous learning environment where our employees can grow and thrive. Our friendly company culture is small enough to celebrate personal milestones and recognize individuals for their contributions, yet big enough to provide our employees with opportunities to work on large, complex projects and be active in the larger industry. We are committed to the well-being of our employees, the communities where we work, and the environment in which we live.
- 3 to 5+ years of Structural design and evaluation experience
- BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (MS preferred)
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam is expected
- Work experience in structural engineering, design, and/or construction observation
- PE Licensure is a plus, but not required at this time; ability and intent to become licensed is expected
- Hands-on experience with AutoCAD, Revit, and structural modeling software (experience with Visual Analysis is a plus), practical experience with MS Office applications is required
- Strong, clear, and concise written and verbal communication skills required
- Enthusiasm to learn and be self-motivated to improve personal and team performance
- Perform calculations related to design of reinforced concrete, masonry and steel structures, including buildings, tanks, and bridges
- Design and inspection of hydrologic structures such as dams or flood control structures
- Inspect and evaluate existing building components and bridges
- Utilize AutoCAD, Revit, structural computer modeling software, preparation of biddable documents, technical specifications and preparation of cost estimates, inspection reports and correspondences
- Construction observation, construction administration, shop drawing and submittal review, and creation of as-built and record plans
- Work may be required to be performed in confined spaces and at heights in excess of 10 feet; or in the field where exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, variations in temperature and humidity, fumes and various types of equipment may apply; travel within the New England area will be required
Our best-in-class compensation and benefits package includes competitive salaries, profit sharing, an employee wellness program, a generous health care plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, ESOP, 401(k) plan, PTO, internal training and professional development, student loan repayment, and a tuition reimbursement program.
Tighe & Bond is a growing, well-established, employee-owned, engineering and environmental consulting firm with 430 employees. A Top 10 New England ENR design firm, Tighe & Bond was recognized by Civil Engineering News and Zweig Group as one of the “Best Firms” to work for in the country. Our team of engineers, scientists, planners, and other professionals provide creative solutions for critical challenges that impact water resources, wetlands, the environment, climate change, and sustainability from twelve regional offices across Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and New York. The firm offers employees an inviting mid-size company culture, and an opportunity to develop a rewarding career that can have an impact on the environmental development of the Northeast region.
Tighe & Bond is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.