Our Building Services Business Line is hiring a Staff Engineer- Structural 1 in our Westfield, MA Headquarters (this position will be hybrid with both office and work from home).
Tighe & Bond prioritizes the well-being of our employees through safety, health, and unmatched benefits programs. Our friendly and inclusive culture encourages collaboration with experienced professionals across disciplines to help develop rewarding careers for all. We focus on bright ideas, green strategies, and clear solutions to improve our environment and infrastructure for both public and private clients and as we succeed, we also give back through our award-winning Make a Difference community service program.
• Candidates must complete a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (M.S. preferred)
• Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam is expected
• Internship / work experience in survey, site engineering, bridge, design, permitting, and/or construction
• Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, and hydraulic / hydrologic studies and modeling preferred
• Work on a team of experienced engineering consultants to design, build and inspect new structures and renovate, evaluate, and design existing building structural systems and equipment support structures.
• Perform calculations and design reinforced concrete and masonry buildings and structures
• Design and inspect hydrologic structures such as dams or flood control structures
• Utilize AutoCAD and Revit, structural computer modeling software, prepare biddable documents, technical specifications and cost estimates and reports
• Construction observation, construction administration, shop drawing and submittal review, and creation of construction record plans
• Inspect and evaluate existing building components and bridges
Our best-in-class compensation and benefits package includes competitive salaries, profit sharing, an employee wellness program, a generous health care plan, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, ESOP, 401(k) plan, PTO, internal training and professional development, and a tuition reimbursement program.
Tighe & Bond is a growing, well-established, employee-owned, engineering, and environmental consulting firm with over 430 employees. A Top 10 New England ENR design firm, Tighe & Bond was recognized by Civil Engineering News and Zweig Group as one of the “Best Firms” to work for in the country. Our team of engineers, scientists, planners, and other professionals provide creative solutions for critical challenges that impact water resources, wetlands, the environment, climate change, and sustainability from nine offices across Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and New York. The firm offers employees an inviting mid-size company culture and an opportunity to develop a rewarding career that can have an impact on the environmental development of the Northeast region.
Tighe & Bond is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.