RTL Design Engineer- 104723
As a member of the Infinity Fabric Architecture and RTL team, you will help build the next generation last level cache (LLC) and coherent interconnect to provide connectivity between CPU, GPU and special purpose accelerators. Every product that AMD sells has its own custom-designed Infinity Data Fabric, so this role gives an engineer the opportunity to work on a broad array of products that address a variety of markets, including traditional servers, high performance computing, client desktop and laptop PCs, machine intelligence, graphics, console gaming, embedded, and customer-specific applications. It is a challenging position that involves working at a fast pace of innovation on the cutting edge of technology. Come join the AMD team!
We are seeking an experienced RTL design engineer with strong communication skills. A global mindset and ability to work in a multi – site environment are keys to being successful in this role.
- Early architectural/performance exploration through micro architectural definition and design.
- Optimize the design to meet power, performance, area and timing requirements.
- Write easily readable and synthesizable Verilog RTL.
- Run some unit level testing to deliver quality code to the Design Verification Team.
- Create assertions to improve coverage and cover points to analyze coverage of the design.
- Create well written block level design documentation.
- Participate in post silicon functional and performance debug and tuning.
- Proven experience designing logic blocks in CPU, GPU, NOC, or cache designs.
- Excellent knowledge of Verilog and System Verilog
- Working knowledge of C, C++ and a scripting language like Perl or Python
- Strong understanding of digital electronics and high-speed designs(>1GHz).
- Good understanding of multi-processor coherency, memory ordering, i/o ordering, interrupts, MMU and caches.
- Good debugging and analytical skills
- Exposure to Design for Test, understanding of scan concepts and writing DFT friendly RTL
- Working knowledge of x86 or ARM ISA is a plus.
BS, MS, or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer engineering. Advance degree preferred.