Position: Production Coordinator
Groove Jones, a world-renowned and award-winning studio specializing in Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Interactive Entertainment technologies, is currently seeking a person to take on a contract role as Production Coordinator.
We are looking for an organized Production Coordinator to assist the Producers on various development projects by recording tasks, scheduling resources against tasks, updating and refining backlog of tasks for the project teams, and making sure communication is clear to all individuals contributing on the project. They will work with the Head of Production to communicate resourcing needs and unblocking issues that arise on projects. The Production Coordinator will use SCRUM methodology to ensure that the production follows the planned schedule and that team members understand their tasks and when they are due.
To be a successful Production Coordinator, you must be able to multitask and work under pressure. A good Production Coordinator communicates well with all team members to ensure that the project runs smoothly.
- Check in with staff daily to update the status of tasks in task management system and schedule next priorities
- Make sure tasks are meeting the production schedule deadlines and communicate with the producer to adjust reviews or deadlines
- Work with developers, producers, and designers to enable enhancements and feature development
- Facilitating daily calls reviewing progress towards goals and discussing blockers
- Manage Sprint backlog with the Producer’s guidance on Client Stakeholder needs
- Help ensure all deliverables meet the quality standards necessary to achieve the team and stakeholder goals
- A degree in game development, animation, computer science, marketing/communications or a related field
- Excellent time management skills
- Project Management experience across multiple large and complex projects, across distributed teams, and across multiple locations / time zones
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with administrative tasks
- Excellent computer literacy skills and a passion for VR/AR and related technologies
- Local to DFW or willing to relocate
- Prior experience with SCRUM or similar role as part of a software development team
- Prior experience at an interactive agency, production studio, or game studio as a production coordinator or production assistant
This is a contract, full time (40 hrs a week) in person role located in Dallas, TX.
About Groove Jones
Groove Jones is an award-winning creative technology company that provides software solutions to advertising, entertainment, marketing, health, and training companies to engage with their audiences. It has a client list of numerous Fortune 500 companies like Amazon, AT&T, Comcast, FX Networks, HP, IBM, Intel, Mastercard, McDonald’s, Nestle, Samsung, and Under Armour.
We are artists, musicians, thinkers, creators, tinkerers, technologists, gamers, strategists, innovators, rebels, developers and most of all, digital fanboys (and fangirls) with a common interest: consistently delivering amazing, effective work for amazing clients. We love what we do.
For more information visit – www.groovejones.com