Culinary Summer Intern
The Culinary Intern at the Whitewater Center will work closely with Whitewater Center Chefs to produce quality culinary experiences for all our guests. The Food and Beverage operation at the Whitewater Center strives to provide engaging, high-quality experiences for restaurant guests, quick service customers, festival attendees, and catering for private groups and special programs. This dynamic, leadership role is supported by a team of leads, bartenders, servers, hosts and utility personnel. The Culinary Intern is a part-time, hourly position that reports to the Front of House Manager.
- Execute Operational standards
- Provide safe food in a safe environment
- Ensure an exceptional guest experience
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients
- Always maintain a clean and safe work area
- Present, garnish and arrange final dishes
- Work with Chefs on monthly assigned projects
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or professional culinary program
- College credit is not required but Whitewater will provide documentation if needed
- Minimum of two years Food & Beverage experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during other Whitewater events as needed
- Must be able to work 20-40 hours per week
- Possess a valid US issued driving license
- Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space
- Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and move at least 50 pounds
- Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
- Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Department
The Food and Beverage Department delivers exceptional, chef-driven culinary service to Whitewater guests. Whitewater is home to diverse and ever-evolving food and beverage outlets, including full-service and fast casual dining options. In addition, the Food and Beverage Department oversees catering for private events and Adventure Dining.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater’s mission is rooted in the belief that we all share a genetic code that compels us to play outside and share these experiences with others. This mission is accomplished through promoting access and opportunities to play outside and bring people together. Our approach is simple: Make it compelling and easy to engage with nature and invite others to join.
The Whitewater Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Whitewater Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The Whitewater Center is an employer that participates in the E-Verify program.