Summer 2022 Ascend Consulting Intern
Ascend Services is Ascend’s strategic consulting practice that serves as a liaison between organizations to address labor market and talent development gaps across the state.
The Consulting Intern will support a projects focused on creating career opportunities in partnership with employers and education providers. Projects will include producing project deliverables; researching best practices; conducting landscape analyses on talent issues; presenting research outcomes; and support project plan development. Finally, this individual will support the Director of Consulting and other team members on high priority projects and research as assigned.
Interested applicants are asked to send a resume, cover letter, and employment application to email@example.com.
To be successful in this role you must be...
Excited by the opportunity to create, execute, and implement plans for various talent pipeline and strategic planning projects.
- You support content development for strategic plans and talent pipeline projects including drafting strategic plan sections, executive summaries, landscape narratives, and PowerPoint decks.
- You coordinate discussions with employer, university, and other community partners including developing engagement strategies prior to meetings and managing meeting next steps.
- You develop and revise project plans for client engagements alongside the team to ensure projects remain on-track.
Interested in conducting research by synthesizing national, state, and local data on workforce and economic development topics.
- You discover and review national, state, and local research on workforce development and economic development-related issues.
- You research best practices on how other states are addressing similar issues.
- You organize and store research using memos, Power Point decks, and excel trackers for future use by the organization.
- You utilize research to help inform client discussions.
- You share findings through development of research memos and presentations.
Able to successful manage progress and track progress towards goals.
- You create tools and templates that can been used to replicate the process with other key stakeholders and partners as the organization grows.
- You manage and report against daily and weekly goals, priorities, and objectives to the Manager of Recruitment.
- You provide additional support to the Directors and Vice Presidents as needed.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate institution with 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Excellent analytical, writing, research, and project management skills.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable pieces, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Track record of successfully working collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite preferred.