Summer 2022 Ascend Business Development Intern
The Business Development Intern will support the management and ongoing execution of employer sales and outreach across Marion County and the state. The Business Development Intern will play a key role in identifying prospective employers for targeted outreach and capture comprehensive data throughout the sales process. The Business Development Intern will also assist in building and maintaining strong employer relationships to achieve the organization’s objectives. Finally, the Business Development Intern will support the Manager of Business Development and the Vice President of Network on high priority projects and research as assigned.
Interested applicants are asked to send a resume, cover letter, and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be successful in this role you must be...
Strategic when identifying prospective employer partners, willing to apply persistence and creativity to book a high volume of intentional demos, and a process-oriented thinker to successfully execute high priority projects.
- You support the Manager of Business Development in the prospecting and sales process for potential community and employer partners to the Ascend Network.
- You create and maintain plans for prospecting employer partners from across Indiana at scale.
- You conduct research on potential employer partners to identify career pathways within the organization and determine fit for the Ascend Network.
- You support the Employer Engagement team by participating in ongoing partnership and programmatic conversations with current and potential employer partners.
- You steward and track relationships with potential employer partners through various communication channels including in-person meetings, e-mails, and phone calls.
- You draft and post dozens of employer roles to the Ascend Network with no errors and systematically check for broken links to outdated job postings.
- You assist with the management of Ascend’s CRM system and diligently update records to ensure all data is captured consistently across 500+ employer partners.
Motivated by ambiguity and inspired to develop and enhance sales process to achieve aggressive goals.
- You develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge and data that is generated by the sales process.
- You create memos and instructions to support the implementation and management of programs for both current and future team members
- You organize and archive all materials created within Ascend’s shared drive.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate institution with 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Excellent analytical, writing, research and project management skills
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable pieces, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones and then execute effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite preferred