AI Data Scientist, Natural Language Processing (Co-op/Intern)
About The Job
Supportiv is driven by building a peer-to-peer mental well-being platform that helps users with their emotional needs 24/7/365 affordably. We are seeking a highly-analytical impact-oriented Ph.D. student to join our Data Science team. The role will serve as a core member within the team, focused on applying artificial intelligence (AI) to solve real business problems, along with analytics to drive insights from the user interactions on the platform to guide data-driven product development and business decisions. The Ph.D. student will be expected to work cross-functionally between various teams at Supportiv.
What Makes Supportiv Special?
We are not just a highly ambitious technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help improve mental wellbeing is offering affordable, on-demand, and equitable access to peer support. We enable users to cope with, problem-solve, and heal from struggles in an ultra user-friendly, practical, tactical way by harnessing the power of AI and natural language understanding (NLU).
Struggle Matching Project
Supportiv’s NLU deep neural network (DNN) proprietary model matches the concurrent users who share similar struggles into dynamically convening peer-to-peer support groups.
During or after peer-to-peer support groups, a context-aware NLU DNN resource recommender suggests personalized content and service referrals to address users’ underlying emotional needs.
Highly trained moderators guide the motivating peer-to-peer interactions and offer emotional validation and empathy. An AI-enabled empathy meter presents the empathy received by each user to the moderators in real-time ensuring each user receives the deserved attention.
- [30 min] Initial screen.
- [1 day] Take-home programming challenge.
- In-depth interview stages:
- [60 min] Technical deep learning interview.
- [30 min] Technical programming interview.
- [30 min] Value and cultural fit interview.
- [60 min] Debrief with the Co-Founders.
- We check references and make you an offer.
What Will You Need to Succeed?
- Experience in the field of Machine Learning and Natural Language Understanding.
- 3+ year Ph.D. student in machine learning, natural language process, or another field applying NLP/NLU techniques with publications in top-tier journals and conferences.
- Strong knowledge of modern NLU techniques such as RNNs, Transformers, BERT, GPT, Foundational NLP models, etc.
- Experience with common natural language processing packages and tools (Spacy, Scikit-learn, Pytorch, Huggingface)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What You Will Get?
- Learn how to design solutions to address real business problems.
- You will learn to develop and evaluate AI models, deploy models into production, monitor their performance, and retrain them as necessary.
- Get hands-on experience with cloud computing technologies.
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary start-up culture with a close-knit, all-star team.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the healthcare industry.