EC: Occupational Health & Safety Intern (Milwaukee, WI or Minneapolis, MN)
Aon is looking for 2022 Summer Interns to join our Casualty Risk Control Consulting Group
As part of an industry-leading team, Aon Summer Interns help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions. Availability in the Upper Midwest Region as outlined below.
Your Impact as an Occupational Safety & Health Intern
With more than 1500 professionals in over 30 countries, Casualty Risk Control is a consulting unit within Aon - the global leader in risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, human capital and management consulting, and outsourcing. Our suite of risk consulting encompasses enterprise risk management, actuarial and analytics, risk financing, risk control, and claims services.
Aon’s Casualty Risk Control unit, part of the Global Risk Consulting group, is comprised of safety/risk control professionals with a background in occupational, automobile/fleet, and premises safety, working to further develop, innovate and grow our consulting services across a wide variety of industries. We provide integrated risk solutions for our clients’ complex casualty related risks.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in developing safety policies and programs, and key performance indicators
- Performing risk assessments for hazard recognition and correction
- Development of employee, supervisor and management safety training
- Assistance with compliance (OSHA, DOT, Etc.) programs and abatement
- Analyzing claim data for identification of trends and cost savings opportunities
- Developing leading indicator metrics to measure progress in safety improvements
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred.
- Technical ability to understand, identify and offer solutions to correct hazardous conditions and/or work practices.
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering collaboration and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
- Completion of reports summarizing services delivered and measurable results achieved and efficiently communicate findings to clients and colleagues.
- Client service and team oriented individual.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Desire to learn and display Aon’s values including acting with integrity and displaying a client, colleague and community commitment.
- Adaptability – quick learner.
- Mature and professional demeanor.
- Positive attitude.
- Desire to engage in Aon’s thought leadership in safety and prevention strategies by developing innovative solutions; delivering white papers and/or presentations on relevant safety topics for the industry.
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
Applicants for this role, part of the Aon Summer Internship Program, should be rising seniors or graduate students, graduating between December 2022 – June 2023 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above. Ability to travel locally is required.
Aon Summer Internship Program
Aon’s Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors (and above) to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
A Value Adding Program Development Plan (Curriculum)
In addition to on-the-job training, our interns actively participate, along with their fellow intern colleagues, in a formal Development Plan. This provides interns:
- An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon’s businesses
- An understanding of Aon’s ethical standards
- Training geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
- Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
- Opportunities to learn and use Aon’s internal systems
- Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events
An Opportunity to Explore Post Graduation Career Path Opportunities
The goal of the Aon Summer Internship Program is to give students significant exposure to Aon through project deliverables, continuing education and a training curriculum. The program also provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and prepare for post‐graduate career opportunities at Aon. Upon successful completion of the Aon Summer Internship Program, highly qualified interns may be offered post-graduation full‐time positions within the Launch Program, Aon’s Early Career Development Program.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience. Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. For positions in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the local Fair Chance ordinances. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.