The Operations Intern is responsible for a function or critical project within the overall Operations Team. This can include partnering across operations team and cross functionally within the Farris business. Normal hours are 8-5pm Monday -- Friday and OT may be required during peek shipping periods. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
The assignment duration is 12 weeks.
Essential functions of this role include but are not limited to:
- Updating Plant Layouts / Concepting Cell Layouts
- Marking Floors for Machine Moves
- Team Improvement Boards Data and Problem Solving
- Designing / Detailing Fixtures
- Updating Program Headers
- Create/Update visual work instructions
- Creating Setup sheets
- Currently enrolled in a BA/BS Degree program in Engineering, Business, Operations or Supply Chain Management required
- Ability to multi-task, handling quick turnaround
- Ability to identify problem issues and escalate and/or execute acceptable solutions
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with customers, suppliers and employees/managers at all levels within the company
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain safe work environment
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Performs all work in accordance with safety and workmanship and good housekeeping specifications
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee alternates between sitting and standing/walking for long periods of time
- This position requires the ability to lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds
- This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition opens an email client applicationopens an email client applicationand we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.