Growth Marketing Analyst
Growth Marketing Analyst
The marketing team at 1-800-Flowers.com has an opening for recent college graduates, advanced degree holders and service veterans. We are looking for strong candidates with consistent and strong levels of achievement in academics, internships and other college, graduate school or career activities to grow and develop our up-and-coming businesses. This is an entry-level role.
The position requires comfort with multi-tasking while maintaining a strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication and an ability to build relationships across internal and external audiences. We are also seeking someone who has a "can do" attitude and is used to data-driven analysis. We offer an accelerated career trajectory and a chance to learn from industry leaders and alumni who have worked at the best consulting and technology companies. We are a flat, dynamic and highly focused team and have fun while producing strong growth and revenue.
Reporting & analytics (75%)
* Extract, analyze and disseminate relevant data that positively impacts the quality of internal discussions and go to market decisions.
* Master the internal data tools and be the singular point of contact for all online behavioral data, customer insights, and marketing channel analytics.
* Develop strategic automated reporting strategies, and collaborate with multiple departments on marketing spend and execution.
* Develop insights and recommendations that will help facilitate effective marketing, segmentation, and website testing strategies.
* Create and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly analytics reports to provide to various stakeholders including marketing, finance, merchandising, and senior executives.
* Analyze and interpret results of marketing and website tests.
* Present reports and analysis to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
* Develop models and strategies to improve returns on marketing spend.
Stakeholder management (25%)
* Attend all relevant internal meetings and develop sustainable relationships with key departments and leaders including IT, merchandising, finance, product management, legal, marketing, and corporate development.
* Attend all relevant external meetings and calls with vendors.
* Customer Satisfaction Orientation: Delivering exceptional satisfaction to both external and internal customers through transparent collaboration and sustainably broadening and deepening such relationships.
* Results-driven: Successfully deliver assigned goals, complete tasks diligently and positively impact the collective results of the organization.
* Team work: Consistently working well with a diverse group of colleagues and team mates with sensitivity and supportive attitude.
* Outstanding communication: Exceptional skills in written and verbal communication.
* High analytical horsepower to drive strategic interpretation of digital activities and develop insights that positively impact the outcome.
* Advanced computer skills are required including MS Office Suite and the ability to learn and utilize internal applications.
Top candidates will have a/an:
* Strong proficiency in excel (e.g. pivot tables and advanced functions, macros a plus)
* Understanding of how to analyze data to identify trends
* Basic understanding of statistics
* Knowledge of how to run controlled tests and analyze the results (in any field)
* Experience in drafting proposals, including marketing plans, strategic plans, policy outlines, etc. (can include projects for relevant courses)
* Pluses: Experience with Google Analytics, IBM Coremetrics, SPSS, SQL, Adwords, SAS Enterprise Guide, and similar analytics, statistics, and marketing tools
* College degree required, advanced degree a plus. We welcome applicants with non-traditional educational and professional experiences.