Office and Board Support Specialist [SUMMER OPENING]
Near IUPUI Campus: Federal Work-Study Eligible Students!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
The Office and Board Support Specialist is a key operating role in a small, dynamic, fast paced and highly collaborative organization. This position works closely to support the CHIP leadership team, including the Executive Director, Director of Organizational Operations, and Director of Finance, and to support the coordination and logistics of key organizational programming.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
General Office Management
• Greet and assist people coming to the office
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and pick-ups
• Maintain overall office space (i.e., cleanliness, organization)
• Maintain office equipment
• Answer and direct incoming calls and e-mails to the general CHIP inboxes
• Respond to and/or direct inquiries coming through CHIP social media
Leadership and Board Support
• Schedule meetings and support logistics
• Organize and maintain files and databases in a confidential manner
• Support preparation of board materials, including organization of documents on Boardable
• Assist in coordinating board and board committee meetings and supporting as needed
• Assist Director of Finance file organization, record retention, and preparing reports
• Support Director of Operations in staff, team, and leadership huddles
• Support Director of Operations in maintaining and updating internal operational procedures and policies
• Focus in Business, Communications/ Marketing, Organizational Leadership, or Social Work preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience working with different communication styles
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
• Technologically savvy
• Working knowledge of general office equipment
• Well organized, detail-oriented, accurate, reliable, and efficient
• Ability to problem solve, engage in appreciative and critical inquiry, and identify opportunities for organizational improvements
• Driven with a bias towards action and implementation
• Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize activities and timelines
• Flexible, ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced, fluid environment
• Ability and experience working with individuals from diverse economic, racial, physical, and sexual orientation backgrounds
IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success Gained:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Community Contributor The ability to show respect and engage with own and other cultural backgrounds, behave ethically and protect confidential/sensitive information at all times, and help to build a community between the faculty and students.