The Heritage Group Accelerator: Business Development Intern - Fall 2022
The Heritage Group Accelerator - Business Development Intern
The Heritage Group (THG) Accelerator is looking for a motivated business development student who will be working directly with the startups and founders, who is ready for hands-on experience. You will work closely with the Accelerator Team to improve startups' brand recognition and help boost their financial growth. This is an exciting very exciting and unique opportunity to create action plans and sales strategies that will help the startups reach their growth initiatives.
Timeline: Application closes on Monday, May 9th at Noon
Paid Late Summer/Fall Internship: August 15th - November 15th (Flexible). Hours ranging from 10-30hrs/week as needed.
Summer hours will be acceptable upon the intern's availability and the need.
Location: This position is based in Indianapolis and will require work at The Center
6320 Intech Blvd, Indianapolis, IN, 46278
- Serve as a loyal, dependable partner to the Accelerator team members, colleagues, and startups.
- Brainstorm ideas using external research and best practices.
- Assist with product development, market development, and client search.
- Assist in analyzing the trends in the market and the company's strategies to identify opportunities to cash in on.
- Assist in analyzing consumer behavior and anticipating market trends to develop solutions to consumer problems and needs.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Incredible attention to detail
- Proven relationship-builder
- Organized with ability to manage multiple projects at once
- In 3rd or 4th year of a college program
- Prior business development and communications experience preferred
- Knowledge in writing client-specific proposals and estimates would be helpful
- Have some experience with CRM tool requirements
- Collaborative and conscientious individual with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Effective communicator
- Self-motivated and can work under little supervision
- Work well in a team
- Can multi-task effectively
- Reliable and responsible
Internships at The Heritage Group
The Heritage Group Internship Program provides hands-on, paid experiences in a corporate function or within one of our many operating companies. Interns can expect to network with other students and professionals, gain useful skills, receive mentoring, and make their contributions to the organization. Additionally, interns can participate in our weekly hosted events focused on professional development, team building, and community service.
About The Heritage Group
Founded in 1930, The Heritage Group (THG) is a fourth-generation family-owned business managing a diverse portfolio of companies specializing in heavy construction and materials, environmental services, and specialty chemicals. Companies within the THG portfolio include Heritage Environmental Services, Heritage Construction + Materials, and Monument Chemical. With more than 5,000 employees and 30 operating companies worldwide, THG aims to build a safer, more enriching, and sustainable world by harnessing the power of family.
The Heritage Group welcomes the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all to work together to accomplish our goals