Microchip has great hands-on internship opportunities for students!!
We are excited to offer a Summer internship program for 2022. The successful candidate will be matched with and have significant responsibility in planning, executing and reporting either (a) a decision useful modeling and visualization exercise and/or (b) month-/quarter-end accounting responsibilities. We are seeking a candidate who is pursuing either undergraduate or graduate course studies in a field relevant to our industry and finance function, including but not limited to: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other relevant field.
Candidates should be looking enhance their (1) accounting, finance and industry skills and knowledge by way of applying knowledge gained through undergraduate or graduate studies, (2) communication and organization, (3) sense of urgency for achieving results, (4) ability to multitask, and (5) professionalism.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Significant accountability for a project which the successful candidate will be matched with based on their area(s) of expertise and future, desired work
- Involvement in US Cost Accounting and Corporate accounting processes
- Shadow various members of the Finance function and support tactical responsibilities as needed
- Attendance at accounting- and operations-based meetings
- Candidates should be pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering, other field relevant to Finance and/or the Semiconductor Industry
- Experience in analyzing large quantities of data and complex processes, applying statistical methods and/or financial modeling is a plus
- Needs to have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Should be striving to become detail oriented, highly organized, manage time well
- Striving to develop best practice skills in Microsoft Excel and Access, and/or other database tools
- Knowledge of structure query language and advanced programming languages is a plus