Web Designer Assistant
The Center for Teaching and Learning advances excellence in teaching practices and professional growth among all members of the campus teaching community to enhance student learning and success.
- Promote evidence-based practices in teaching and learning.
- Encourage professional growth in teaching for faculty of all appointment types, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Advance innovation and experimentation in teaching and learning.
- Empower engagement in scholarly teaching and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Foster inclusion and equity in teaching and learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(assign % of time spent in each area = total 100%)
Design/content management (50%)
Device usability testing (25%)
Front desk/clerical duties/ as needed (25%) (when applicable)
Approx. Hours Per Week:
• Ability to deal with and manage deadlines
• Ability to interact with colleagues and customers in a professional manner
• Ability to work in a team setting and embrace a solution orientated attitude
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
• Ability to transform complex layouts into HTML/CSS templates
• Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and constraints
LEARNING OUTCOMES Through their work in this position, students will become better acquainted with the following profiles:
Communicator: Student will learn to actively listen, evaluate information, build relationships with staff members by working as a team to complete projects, convey ideas effectively, both verbally and in their work.
Innovator: Student will learn to research, create, and design solutions, confront challenges and make decisions; develop and design webpages and participate in the development of web applications; learn and utilize best practices in project management. Demonstrate proficiency in the design, development and production that follow the IU Brand Marketing Guidelines that will be presented online.
Problem Solver: Student will learn to think critically, collaborate with others, analyze, research, and evaluative information and situations; Student will utilize resources and support systems to be self-sufficient in tasks and projects. Possess strong organizational skills an follow through on projects in a timely fashion.
Community Contributor: Student will learn to build community, respectfully engage with all cultures, behave ethically, and anticipate consequences. Student will develop familiarity with the communication needs of academic stakeholders on various levels such as Director and Assistant Directors, faculty, staff, students and administrators.