Care Coordinator (Pierce County, WA)
Looking to do meaningful work helping others in the community as a Care Coordinator?
Pathways – one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services, is in search of a compassionate, caring, growth-minded Care Coordinator to join our team in Washington.
For your passion and dedication as a Care Coordinator, we offer paid training, career advancement opportunities, medical/dental/vision, PTO, paid holidays, flexible part time or full time flexible schedule and much, much more (read below)! We realize that your growth is paramount to our continued reputation of quality and service excellence, so we are ready to invest in YOU from day one!
About your Role:
Functions as the primary Care Coordinator for Health Homes high cost/high risk clients, providing intensive Health Home Care Coordination using the following defined activities:
- Administer clinical assessments of depression alcohol and substance abuse, pain and functional impairments.
- Ensure continuity of care and coordination through in-person visits and accompanying clients to their health provider appointments as needed
- Administer readiness assessments to determine client readiness for self-management and promote self-management skills so the client is better able to engage with health and service providers.
- Support the achievement of self-directed-individualized goals to attain recovery, improve health status and slow declines in functioning.
- Foster communication between providers and provider networks to include the primary care provider, medical specialists and those authorizing behavioral and long term supports and services.
- Promote optimal clinical outcomes, develop strategies with client to meet goals through measurable objectives and document this information in the Health Action Plan
- Provide health education and coaching to assist the client to increase self-management skills and improve health outcomes
- Help the client use peer supports, support groups and self-care programs in order to increase the client’s knowledge about their health care conditions and improve adherence to prescribed treatments
Perform low-level Health Home Coordination functions by performing the following defined activities:
- Maintain the client’s self-management skills with periodic home visits and phone calls to reassess health care needs.
- Trigger high intensity care coordination activities if the client has increased ER use, hospital admissions and readmissions
- Make appropriate client and family referrals
- Attend lead Health Home cross training sessions to include resource information reviews
- Attend and participate in Health Home webinars between across system Care Coordinators
- Document client encounters activities and ensure proper record keeping
- Assist clients in implementing their plan of care by facilitating access to and providing community resource linkage and managing the process to include monitoring effectiveness of support services including both client and provider participation
Does the Following Apply to You?
- Bachelor Degree in human services, social services or related field or a two-year technical certificate in Nursing or a DOH Certified Chemical Dependency Professional
- In addition to the above formal education and training needs, Care Coordinators must have an additional two years of service working in a nursing, health care, behavioral health or human services capacity. This work can be paid or volunteer, or a combination of both.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check that is free of any disqualifying crimes as determined by Washington Administrative Codes related to unsupervised access when working with children, vulnerable elders and disabled adults
- Proof of: Valid Washington driver’s license, car insurance as well as proof of education are required
- Bilingual-Spanish speaking is a plus
Perks for working Full time at Pathways:
- 401 K Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid Vacation days that increase with tenure after the first year!
- Separate Paid Sick leave that rolls over each year
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for advancement in our national company! As we grow, you grow with us!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks @ Pathways (student loan refinancing, pet insurance, Verizon wireless discount, movie, hotel, concert and sporting event discounts)
If you're #readytowork Pathways of Washington is #readytohire!
Not the job you’re looking for?
Pathways of Washington has a variety of positions in various locations; please go to https://pathways-of-washington-llc.careerplug.com/jobs
To Learn More About Us:
Pathways @ http://www.pathways.com/mission-vision-and-values/
Pathways of Washington @ https://www.pathwaysofwashington.com/