Pleasant Valley Corporation is a family owned corporation based in Medina, Ohio with four divisions, Construction, Facility Management, Property Management and Real Estate. We provide a full circle of services for commercial buildings through effective project management, responsive communications, high quality workmanship and innovative solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations and support our valued partnerships with vendors and Associates. Our coordinated services and our responsive communications are advantages that apply across the company and our technical strengths, the quality of our employees, the depth of our resources, and our dedication to you are the sources of the remarkable value we have been able to bring to our clients since 1976.
The Facilities Coordinator provides excellent customer service while contributing to the team. Responsibilities include processing work orders efficiently and accurately through our Work order and Construction Management System.
- Receive emails and / or phone calls regarding maintenance issues.
- Document client maintenance issues in the computer system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicate with service providers and select a vendor.
- Obtain approval of cost estimate on vendor proposal from supervisor.
- Schedule the selected vendor for the service.
- Communicate with client locations and service vendors to ensure work orders are completed and document accurate notes in computer system.
- Follow established guidelines for operating procedures, quality and productivity.
- Complete an average of 20 work orders per week.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of the work order from start to finish.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- No experience required, some office / dispatch / customer service / call center experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with general computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills / traits.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate via phone and email effectively.
- Basic knowledge of construction and general trades a plus.
- Negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced office environment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
Normal office environment. Work schedules vary depending on business needs (various shifts to accommodate customers). Position requires extensive sitting in front of computer screen (8 hours or more per day), and also standing, walking, stooping, and climbing.
- Outstanding attendance and work ethic.
- Positive attitude, willingness to take accountability for actions and enjoy working in a team atmosphere.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively respond to and follow through on commitments with a focus on quick turnaround.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.