Graphics Design Assistant
The Center for Teaching and Learning advances excellence in teaching practices and professional growth among all members of the campus teaching community to enhance student learning and success.
Promote evidence-based practices in teaching and learning.
- Encourage professional growth in teaching for faculty of all appointment types, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Advance innovation and experimentation in teaching and learning.
- Empower engagement in scholarly teaching and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Foster inclusion and equity in teaching and learning.
Graphic Design Assistant will design flyers, banners, posters and promotional items for departmental events. The assistant also may have other related duties assigned.
To qualify for this job, you must be eligible for Federal Work study and also:
• Have experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook
• Have an understanding of typography and visual design principles
• Be detail oriented
• Have patience for receiving feedback and making edits
• Be tech-savvy
Student Learning Outcome:
Ø Communication: Student will learn to actively listen, evaluate information, build relationships with staff member by working as a team to complete projects, and covey ideas effectively, verbally and through designs.
Ø Innovation: Student will learn to investigate situations, create and design solutions, confront challenges and make decisions; develop and design graphics with project management processes. Demonstrate proficiency in the design, development and production that follow the IU Brand Marketing Guidelines that will be presented online and in print communication using various programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Publisher, etc.
Ø Problem Solving: Student will learn to think critically, collaborate with others, analyze, and evaluate information and situations; Student will utilize resources and support systems to be self-sufficient in tasks and projects. Possess strong organizational skills and follow through on projects in a timely fashion.
Ø Community Contribution: Student will learn to build community, respectfully engage with all cultures, behave ethically, and anticipate consequences. Student will develop familiarity with the communication needs of academic stakeholders on various levels such as Director and Assistant Directors, faculty, staff, students and administrators.