Purchasing Manager – Medina, OH
Wolff Bros. Supply, Inc. is one of the largest independent Plumbing, Electrical and HVAC distributors in America. We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager to add to our growing team at our Corporate office in Medina, Ohio.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and monitor company and division level inventory KPI’s to report and improve performance
- Liaison between sales leadership and inventory management team to develop the company product offering to meet our market demands
- Work with the sales team to develop market offerings tailored to different sales regions
- Overseas process of adding new items and reviewing existing items to determine viability and whether to continue or discontinue them
- Work with division leads and sales teams to develop plans to address slow moving and dead inventory
- Works with Product Specialists and vendors to negotiate better pricing and buying terms
- Works with buyers in situations where they may need assistance or guidance
- Develop and maintain standards for requesting new items and vendors to be added to the company inventory
- Coach others on department business processes
- Oversee compliance with company ordering policies and vendor relations
- Prioritize administrative support between the department’s teams
- Ensure proper communication and processes are maintained with Accounts Payable and Receiving departments to help address concerns with material shortages, damages, and other problems arise
- Make executive decisions on item returns that fall outside of normal policy considerations
- Works with Warehouse management team and Corporate Operations to determine best strategies
- Conduct some travel to attend industry meetings
- Provide input during company sales meetings and management forums on inventory and market concerns
- Completion of a 4- year degree program or associated inventory management education program or 6+ years of direct experience in a similar role (required)
- Previous experience in material purchasing, inventory management and/or business financial management (required)
- Previous experience coaching others, leading a team, and assessing team performance (required)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness, Life insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays including your birthday!
- 401K with company match
- Company perks!
What you can expect next
- The Wolff Recruitment Team thoroughly reviews every application and will contact you within 1 to 2 weeks regarding next steps. Be sure to add Wolff Bros. to your contacts list and check your spam folder so you never miss a message from us!
- Any follow up questions? Email your Recruiter directly at HR@wolffbros.com