Staff Water Resources Engineer - Portland, OR
Staff Water Resources Engineer – Portland or Lake Oswego, Oregon (Regular Full-Time)
GeoEngineers, Inc., a leading environmental and engineering consulting services provider, is seeking a qualified, Staff Water Resources Engineer to assist with a variety of technically challenging river and stream projects across the Pacific Northwest. GeoEngineers is an employee-owned company established in 1980 providing unparalleled client service and innovative science and engineering solutions. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow professionally and make a real impact while taking part in ground-breaking projects and working with leading edge technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Staff Water Resources Engineer, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team and play a key role in the design of water resource projects, which include river and habitat restoration, fish passage design, FEMA studies, water conveyance design, and other water resource-related projects. Specific job responsibilities include: collection of field data; hydrologic and hydraulic modeling; completion of engineering analyses and calculations; support of natural channel restoration designs; preparation of design drawings; support of bid plans, specifications, and engineers cost estimates; technical report writing; and providing construction observation services. Travel maybe required and based on project needs.
- BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent with an emphasis in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, ecological, and/or natural systems engineering required; MS preferred
- EIT required or obtained within 6 months of hire date
- 1-3 years of related professional experience, preferably with prior consulting experience in the Pacific Northwest. MS degree, senior thesis, or relevant internships satisfies the experience qualification
- Training and experience must include use of standard 1-dimensional hydraulic models (e.g. HEC-RAS), with preference for candidate with experience with 2-dimensional (2-D) hydraulic modeling experience (e.g. SRH-2D or HEC-RAS 2D)
- Experience or training with flow analysis, scour assessment and countermeasure design, and application of fish and wildlife habitat enhancement in channel design preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microstation/InRoads, ArcGIS, SMS/SRH-2D, and standard hydrologic data analysis software preferred
- Basic knowledge of fluvial geomorphology, geology, and biology in the Pacific Northwest desired
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. They are more innovative and creative, more productive, and better able to serve our clients and communities. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey. We are committed to doing the work, learning, and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.