PIER AGENT, AIRPORT MEET & GREET AGENT
This is a fast paced, high energy position requiring a enthusiastic, efficient and professional image. Agents working for SMS International Shore Operations US, Inc., direct and assist cruise guests in all aspects of shore-side operations as assigned. This position may include, but is not limited to meeting and greeting guests, computerized pier check-in along with assisting airport and hotel guest with transfers to and from the port.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Meet and greet guests cordially, responding to their inquiries in a knowledgeable and pleasant manner as well as assisting and directing debarkation and embarkation of guest.
· Monitors the flow of traffic in the luggage area, including U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) areas.
· Guides the flow of traffic throughout the terminal, including: secure areas, walkways, check–in areas, gangways and elevators/escalators and direct guests accordingly.
· Answers general questions in an accurate and pleasant manner and provides pertinent information regarding boarding and sailing; takes the initiative to assist guests.
· Escorts guests requiring wheelchair assistance throughout the terminal during embarkation and debarkation.
· Escorts and monitors guests pending boarding status or requiring additional documentation.
· Gathers data for various embarkation processes to include registration flow and timetables; reports findings to management, as established.
· Assists guests with locating luggage and completing lost luggage forms, when necessary.
· Reviews and verifies validity of all travel documents presented by guests for check-in.
· Inputs guest travel information using the registration system and checks in each guest upon arrival. Ensures required information is accurately processed and/or paperwork is completed.
· Provides guests with stateroom keys and pertinent boarding information, according to department manual and training.
· Prepares the terminal and check-in area by organizing required furniture, equipment, manifests and other related materials. Clears and organizes workstations and/or areas daily and submits relevant paperwork to appropriate personnel.
· Performs other job related duties as assigned.