Winter SAT Workshop Instructor
We are a Northwest Austin Learning Center and are seeking enthusiastic, talented, and responsible teachers/tutors to teach SAT/ACT test preparation classes. Experienced instructors or graduate students with relevant experience are strongly encouraged to apply for this instructor position. Applicants must have experience tutoring all sections of the SAT/ACT or must have high SAT/ACT scores and be very familiar with the test and strategies to test. Qualified applicants will receive an zoom interview.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Taking SAT/ACT practice tests together with students, and then going through answers and explanation with students
· Teach math, grammar, vocabulary, and test strategies
· Monitor students’ progress using written notes
· Communicate with parents regarding student progress
· Maintain classroom cleanliness and organization
· Strong Math and Verbal skills
· Experience teaching/tutoring all sections of the SAT/ACT or a higher SAT/ACT overall along with familiarity with the test and strategies for testing
· Detail oriented, organized, responsible, patient, and punctual
· Some teaching experience preferred
M-F 9:30-5 for 9 days (half the time students spend testing; the other half of the time you will go through the test with the students)
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $20-40 /hour