Water Engineering Intern / Co-op
Arcadis is currently searching for a Water Engineering Intern to support and grow our team in Rochester, NY. Ideally, our team would like a co-op to start September 2022 and continue through the summer.
At Arcadis, improving quality of life is our passion and it is through our passion, our people, and the work we do with our clients that we are shaping the future of our world, every day.
We are looking for dedicated, creative, and energetic candidates interested in tackling challenges and developing sustainable solutions to address related issues like water quality, , resilience, facility capital planning, and process/mechanical design. Collaborating with our experienced water professionals, you will support and drive the development of projects, interact, and work with clients, and develop your technical capabilities.
What will you do?
- Evaluate, plan, design and support management of projects for water/wastewater/ stormwater treatment and conveyance (pipelines and pumping facilities)
- Assist project management efforts, such as managing project scopes, budgets, and client deliverables
- Perform fieldwork activities such as site visits, construction inspection, sampling, water quality analyses, asset inventory, flow monitoring set-up and monitoring, technology evaluations, and plant operations information, process troubleshooting and optimization
- Support Asset Management projects performing data analytics, operational and organizational assessments, condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities
- Preparation of reports, presentations, and other audio-visual materials, and participate in client meetings
- Use digital tools to enhance customer experience, team and client collaboration, and project delivery including configuration and deployment of SharePoint, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Power BI, and Augmented Reality
Qualifications & Experience:
What skills/ attributes do you need?
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and work ethic
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented, with the ability to work successfully both independently and within a team
- Flexible attitude towards assignments, with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices related to water/wastewater/stormwater.
- Currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or a closely related engineering discipline).
- Prior work/internship experience at a design or consulting engineering firm or municipal work environment.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.