Position Description: Internship Coordinator
The Internship Coordinator manages the CASSE internship program from the posting of position descriptions to the debriefing of interns.
1. Soliciting interns
- Drafting and editing internship position descriptions
- Posting position descriptions on Handshake (primarily) and other social media
- Fielding questions from prospective interns
2. Selecting interns
- Monitoring and downloading applications
- Reviewing applications
- Ranking applicants
- Interviewing intern candidates via telephone
- Briefing Executive Director on candidate pool
- Sending offer letters
3. Orienting interns
- Setting up intern email accounts
- Setting up intern orientation Zoom conference
- Developing intern schedules
- Fielding questions from interns
4. Supervising Interns
- Discussing intern projects with staff to develop understanding of project goals and objectives
- Ensuring interns are fulfilling project objectives
- Maintaining weekly phone calls with interns
- Maintaining log of intern activities
5. Debriefing interns
- Paying close attention to intern progress during final weeks of internship
- Conducting exit interviews
- Collecting and filing intern products
- Briefing Executive Director on intern products
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have general knowledge about personnel management including hiring, supervision, and debriefing processes.
Any candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, as well as G-Suites or Google Workspace (including Gmail, Google Drive, Google docs, etc.)
An interest and some background in ecological economics or sustainability science is preferred.
Supervision and Logistics
Supervision: The Internship Coordinator is supervised by the Executive Director. Given instructions, the Internship Coordinator is expected to be independently productive for significant periods of time. The Executive Director prioritizes duties as needed and has final discretion on CASSE operations.
Office: 4601 N. Fairfax Drive, Arlington, Virginia
Hours: 24 hours/week
Wages: $15.00/hour with potential for increase
Starting Date: May 9th, 2022 or May 16, 2022
To apply: Submit resume, copies of transcripts, and contact information for three references to handshake or to email@example.com.
For more information, contact:
Brian Czech, Executive Director