Associate Systems Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
This would be for a position that starts in February 2023. As an Associate Systems Engineer, you will join a cohort of recent college graduates for an immersion into Palo Alto Networks platform, automation, and cybersecurity across network, endpoint, and cloud. This program includes up to 12 months of formal technical instruction with hands-on labs, both group and individual projects, technical study, and professional skills development. As you advance through the program you will be placed for up to 6 months with various Systems Engineering teams to learn how to support customers in the presales process.
While ramping on the Academy development track you will work alongside other SE teams to learn and support the other critical work with customers within the presales process. As part of your development, you will work as a technical advisor in tandem with our sales and channel partners on customer engagements, establishing relationships with customers with the goal of helping them ensure each day is more secure than the one before.
Upon completion of the program, you will have gained proven technical and professional skills, shown qualification across multiple certifications, and rotations with senior SEs to take on a field SE position in any number of cities across the US based on business needs. Our SEs are among the technically best-in-class in the cybersecurity industry, with a deep technical understanding of cybersecurity products, integrations, and the critical cyber threats facing our potential customer’s environments.
- Establish yourself as a trusted team member to SE leadership and colleagues while contributing to sales wins throughout the program
- Architect and propose solutions that address the identified cybersecurity problems in each customer’s unique environment
- Ensure ongoing customer happiness, support, and adoption of cybersecurity solutions
- Understand and effectively differentiate against our top competitors
- Identify and document specific problems with prospective and current customers which can be solved through the deployment of integrated solutions
- Act as the customer advocate for any issues that require technical assistance and follow up with the customer until the issue is resolved
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of applicable technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science, technical cybersecurity or networking program
- Experience with systems installation and administration; UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems
- Familiarity with Networking Fundamentals of wide-area networks (WAN), local area networks (LAN), virtual networks, or Public Cloud networks such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Understand and effectively present complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complex problems and a systematic approach to creating solutions
- Effective time-management skills and study habits
- Knowledge and desire to learn modern network threats and malware, network forensics, automation tools and technologies, and endpoint security technologies
- We will not provide Visa Sponsorship for this position
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.